Friday, June 7, 2013

(Kinda) Fail Skittle Color Block

Hi All :)

This is just a short post to show you my (unsuccessful) color block mani. I did this two days ago, and because of the result, I hesitated if I want to make a post out of it. Despite of not liking the result, I really likes the colors combination I used, so here it is..


Why I said this is a fail? I used a silver striping tape for this, and when I pull it off, it left silver residue on the nails, which made the base color looks 'dirty'. You probably can't see it on the picture because of the holo top coat I used. Another thing, I experimented with different top coat on my middle, ring, and pinkie. It smeared a bit. Not so much that it totally ruined the design, but the line is not as crisp as I wanted them to be anymore.

I'm definitely going to try this again, once I got my new striping tape!

Products used:
My Vampire is Buff (base)
Thumb: OPI Call Me Gwen-ever - OPI Osaka to Me Orange 
Index: Color Club Pucci-Licious - OPI You're such a Budapest
Middle: OPI Jade is The New Black - Zoya Josie
Ring: Zoya Darcy - OPI Banana Bandana
Pinkie: OPI Dim Sum Plum - OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender
INM Northern Lights


2 comments:

  1. your nails look great!!!! not a fail! not at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! it's different when you looked at them up close and could see all the flaws :p

      Delete