Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Swatches: NailNation 3000 Persephone

Hi guys!!

Today I received two new polishes in the mail, and now I'm showing you one of them. It's a new-to-me brand, although I have heard about NailNation for a while, this is my first time trying the polish. 
I had mixed feelings when I tried on this polish. First of all, the main reason I picked this polish, is the name. I know..I know.. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who have done the same ;). Persephone has a red brown base (but mostly looks just brown on me), with a scattered holographic holo effect which shifts to blue in some angle. It suppose to have a green shift too, but I don't see it. I will have to experiment with layering to find that shift, I think. 
I had a little trouble with application, it doesn't seem to go smoothly on thin coats, but I find aqua base helps a bit on that. I used aqua base over my nail strengthener on my ring and pinkie. I used 2 thin coats and 1 medium coat to even it out, no top coat.
I think this is the polish that I would appreciate more when worn in the summer. Can't wait for summer to come!

Here's Persephone without its holo effect.


NailNation 3000 Persephone

Under artificial lightning


NailNation 3000 Persephone

NailNation 3000 Persephone

And here you can see more of the blue shift


NailNation 3000 Persephone

NailNation 3000 Persephone

NailNation 3000 Persephone
This is a limited edition polish, so you better grab it fast if you like it. NailNation 3000 ships worldwide, but unfortunately shipping rate is tad high for international customer, so a group buy might be a good idea. So, what are your thoughts on this? :)


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment