Sunday, March 9, 2014

NOTD: piCture pOlish Shy Violet

Happy (almost) Monday!

I'm sure it's already Monday somewhere :). I've had a very lazy weekend with the bf. We're just watching Scrubs or X-Men series on Netflix, and that's pretty much it. I didn't even change my mani for 3 days! So very unusual of me. Today I absolutely need something new on my nails! And I chose Shy Violet from piCture pOlish

Shy Violet is a jelly based neon purple with silver flakes, piCture pOlish style. The formula is on the sheer side, but still apply nicely. It's definitely a 3 coater, or if your coats are thin, you can use 4 thin coats to get a good opacity. I used 2 thin coats and 1 thicker coat plus top coat. The finish doesn't look thick at all, so that's a plus. It dries semi matte, so shiny top coat is needed. I used HK Girl from Glisten & Glow.

I changed my light box background to white. I think it looks nicer, what do you think? Btw, the purple is more vibrant in person. My lighting kinda washes it out a bit. 

piCture pOlish Shy Violet

piCture pOlish Shy Violet

piCture pOlish Shy Violet

And of course I couldn't leave it alone. Quoting Zooey Deschanel, 'plain nails make me sad' (or something like that). I free-handed two floral accents using all piCture pOlish shades Hot Lips, Wisteria, and Tiffany.

piCture pOlish Shy Violet

piCture pOlish shades can be purchased directly from their website, or through their network distributor all over the world. The ones closest to me are Nail Polish Canada (Canada & US) and Harlow & Co. (worldwide).


XO
Novi




2 comments:

  1. Love this polish, and cute flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like it too, but it chipped after a day :\

      Delete