Monday, June 16, 2014

Swatches: KB Shimmer Early Summer 2014 - The Textured

Hi guys! Today I have swatches of my recent purchase from Harlow & Co., the textured glitters from KB Shimmer Early Summer 2014 collection. These are bold colours and jam packed with glitter, I didn't have issue with application at all! 

I used three coats of all the polishes for the swatches here. The jelly base is really saturated, two coats would've given you a good opacity. I used three out of habit when using crelly glitter. Dry time is pretty quick, I found Partners In Lime has the quickest drying time followed by She Twerks Out and Too Pop To Handle. 
Even though these are meant to be textured polishes, you can always add top coat for a glossy smooth finish, and change the semi matte original finish. But keep in mind, these are top coat eater glitter. You will need 2 generous coats of good quality top coat to get a smooth finish. 

Partners In Lime, is a bright lime jelly base filled with green, aqua blue, and gold hexes. It's an 'in your face' green, LOVE this a lot! 
KB Shimmer Partners In Lime

KB Shimmer Partners In Lime (with top coat)

Too Pop To Handle, is a bright purple jelly loaded with magenta, pink, aqua, and violet hexes glitter. I've worn this one for a full mani. I like this with top coat, so I only used 1 coat of top coat and I got the glossy look I like and still had the textured finish. 
KB Shimmer Too Pop To Handle

KB Shimmer Too Pop To Handle (with top coat)

She Twerks Out, a turquoise jelly filled with aqua, violet, lime green, and teal hexes glitter. I'm currently wearing this as my pedi colour. It looks fantastic! I just don't think about removal and I'm happy! ;)
KB Shimmer She Twerks Out

KB Shimmer She Twerks Out (with top coat)
Honestly, I can't pick a favorite out of these three. I love them all! Which one(s) is your favorite?
KB Shimmer polishes can be purchased directly at KB Shimmer website (US only) and from Harlow & Co. (worldwide shipping).

XO
Novi

1 comment:

  1. These are stunning! I'd have to wear these with topcoat, but I think Partners In Lime stands out the most to me.

    ReplyDelete