Friday, July 4, 2014

Neon Nested Triangles

Today post is sort of a fail. Not because the mani was a mess, but I just didn't like it. Has that ever happened to you? I was so sure I'm gonna like the idea in my head, but when I was done, I'm looking at my nails and just feel.. no. Regardless, I took some pics to share with you guys, maybe some of you might like it. I removed it right after taking the pics.



The base of this mani is OPI Road House Blue and Finger Paint Twisted. I forgot how I loved this flakie! I mean, just look at it. The OPI is a one coater, perfect formula. 
I used scotch tape after they are completely dry to create the neon triangle. They are the two Models Own Polish for Tan neon, Sun Hat and Flip Flop. I was planning to use striping tape to make a neat nested triangle, but I got impatient and decided to free hand it instead. All the white triangles were free handed with a small striping brush using Butter London Cotton Buds, finished off with HK Girl top coat.





XO
Novi

10 comments:

  1. Oh, this is not a fail, I really like what you did ! It looks so original !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is so cool! I love the contrast of the bright triangles against the dark background (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally not a fail - I think it looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica! and thanks for the tweet :)

      Delete
  4. Totally not a fail! This is really cool and fun, and even awesomer that you freehanded it, your lines are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I'm glad other people enjoyed this more than I did!

      Delete
  5. I just stumbled across your blog because of the piCture pOlish paisley design. I love your designs! And I love the concept here! I also think your freehand triangle art is really good. What about trying the same design over with the same base colors but maybe different colors for the triangles? I could really see something that picks up the colors in the lovely flakies like Colors by Llarowe - Holiday Road and a really vibrant purple?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn! I was thinking of doing this or a similar design with a different color combo :)

      Delete