Monday, March 9, 2015

Despicable Me Nail Art

Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed your weekend! I'm sure when you saw the post title, it's obvious that you'll be seeing cute little minions on my nails. That's correct! But I also wanted to include Gru in it. I watched (half of) Despicable Me 2 on Netflix this weekend, and he was so adorable and sweet dressing as a fairy for Agnes' birthday. 
I have seen a lot of great minions manicures, but I don't think I've seen Gru in any of them, but I could be wrong. Anyhow, here's Gru with his minions.


This is my first time painting a face, it's not easy to get the shading right (even though it's just a cartoon face). I used Zoya Chantal, OPI Dulce de Leche, and OPI Bubble Bath for Gru's face. His striped scarf is using KBShimmer Eclipse and Julep Meryl, the same goes for my thumb and pinkie. 
Minions and the bananas are painted with OPI Good Grief! The green apron and orange wig are OPI You Are So Outta Lime! and OPI Call Me Gwen-ever, and OPI Dining Al Frisco is on the other minion. All the white is with Cirque Carpe Diem. Everything is sealed with HK Girl top coat.



XO
Novi

4 comments:

  1. Awhhh they're so cute! You did Gru perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I was so unsure about him, so glad you think so :D

      Delete
  2. Cute! I didn't think the despicable me movies were on Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui! I think I watched it on UK region, might have been Netherlands I don't remember.

      Delete